I don't think I could go a year without celebrating one of my favorite holidays and I knew my friends would feel the same. We decided that we would have a Thanksgiving dinner together and we were lucky that Tiffany's host family offered to let us host it at their house. It helps that her host moms boyfriend is American. They even offered to buy the turkey and cook it. It was one of the most delicious turkeys I have ever had. We all brought a dish to contribute and I brought pumpkin pies (one I made from scratch and one I made from the canned pumpkin), mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese. There was so much food and it was all very yummy. It was nice to eat food we haven't eaten in a very long time but it made me a bit sick to my stomach. I think is was a combination of not eating those types of foods in almost a year and the fact that I ate to much. I was not the only one who felt that way...we all did. We took a walk around the block to try and digest a bit of the food and then we came back to the house and played charades. It was so much fun. Because of the turkey making us go into a Thanksgiving coma we all called it an early night. It was a great night and I am lucky to have such wonderful friends here. I did miss being home though and I went through a very hard homesickness period around Thanksgiving. It helped having a great support system here.
I am thankful for my family, my friends, and the love of the lord that is always with me. I am a very lucky girl to have so many around me that love me and that I can always count on. If you are reading this then I am thankful for you. :)
 |
| The girls waiting for the turkey! |
 |
| Tiffany's host parents |
 |
| The delicious turkey |
 |
| all of our yummy food |
No comments:
Post a Comment