Thursday, January 12, 2012

SHAMROCKS

So things here have been going really well so far. I have been spending most of my days following Amy around and trying to learn as much from her as I can before she leaves. She did however, take me to an Irish pub on Tuesday called Shamrocks. We took the train into town and ended up on this back road where shamrocks is located. It's a very cute bar and it's nice because most everyone there speaks English. I got to sing karaoke and it was a blast. Germans really know how to do karaoke. Everyone sings along and dances. They just really have a great time. I had my first beverage there and it was a pear flavored cider. It was so good. It was really funny because on the way home the trains had stopped due to construction so Amy and I had to find our way back home by bus. We ended up being somewhat lost and had to take a taxi home.

Tonight Amy took me to Los Banditos. It is a Mexican style restaurant/ bar. It has a all you can eat buffet and it was pretty yummy. Defiantly different than the mexican food I have back home. We decided to call it an early night because we are going out tomorrow night and meeting up with some of Amy's friends to have drinks. Should be fun!!

This was my first alcoholic beverage in Germany and it was so yummy
                 
This is Amy enjoying her cider
                                 
Me enjoying my cider
                                       This is me enjoying my cider!

1 comment: