Monday, January 9, 2012

Here at last! :)

I am so happy to finally be here. The last leg of my flight went really smooth. On my long flight to Norway I sat next to two really nice girls from Norway. They were coming back from Costa Rica and spoke really good English. One of the girls was actually an Au Pair in the states. She gave some great advise and helped me understand the announcements over the intercom because they were not in English. Then on my flight to Munich I sat next to the cutest little boy from Turkey and his mom. He didn't speak any English but still talked to me. He was adorable. That flight was only an hour and fifty minutes so it was a very nice flight. It was kinda funny because my flight from Portland to New York was five hours and they didn't give me anything to eat yet the flight from Norway to Munich they did. It was some weird food too. It was like some small meatball sausage things with sweet mustard in the middle.  It was very interesting.

When I got to the airport I didn't see the family right away and it kinda scared me a little but then they found me. The father (Stephen) and the youngest girl (Merit) picked me up. They were very sweet and the Merit is so cute and sweet. She is extremely hyperactive and is a non-stop talker. When I got to the house I met the Mother (Antje), oldest daughter (Elin), the son (Felix), and the current Au Pair (Amy). Everyone was so nice to me and very welcoming. We hung out and talked in the kitchen while the mom made dinner. Then we all had dinner together and it was nice but awkward because they all talked German to each other and I was completely lost. I had no idea what they were talking about. I guess I have to get used to it if I intend to stay here.

After dinner I went upstairs and took a shower and went to bed around 9 o'clock and I slept SO good. woke up this morning around 8 o'clock wide awake. I went downstairs and talked with Amy and she showed me the morning routine. It basically consists of cleaning up after breakfast. She went over some things with me this morning on what my duties are and how things work. The mom is super sweet but I noticed this morning that she is super anal. Everything in the house is labeled. EVERYTHING! She is very organized and particular about how things are done. After cleaning up Amy and I went to the market to get some groceries and so I could buy some toiletries. I noticed when we got to the market that the gas here is super cheap. Its only like 1.30 euros. crazy!! I was completely lost in the market. After the market we went to the bakery and the butcher shop. I have to go get fresh meat and bread everyday. Germans love their meat and bread. Then we came home and I unpacked my suitcases and got everything organized and ready. I took a couple pictures of my room and of the stuff I got at the store. It's funny because I recognized the bottles but its written in German on the front.  I'll have better pictures later. ENJOY.....



1 comment:

  1. glad you made it... and with all the anal-ness... all i have to say is.. WELCOME TO GERMANY :).

    ReplyDelete