Saturday, August 4, 2012

USA WORLD AND MY WORLD IN MUNICH

Tiffany and I were hanging out one day and we were talking about all the things we missed about the states. I had heard from another Au Pair about a store here in Munich that sales food from the states. I looked it up on my phone and found a place called "USA WORLD". We didn't have anything else to do that day so we decided we would go and check it out. Before we left we meet with Lydia so we could all go together. When we meet up with Lydia we had to wait (of course it's Lydia but we love her anyway) so she could eat her salad. Not only was it torture to have to wait for her but it was also torture because the salad she was eating was the most disgusting salad in the world. She put lettuce, apricots, walnuts, goat cheese (gross), and the kicker M&M's. Who the hell eats chocolate in salad....I'll tell you who....LYDIA!!! When we finally ended the long journey to "USA WORLD" it was closed for a special event hahaha. It was located in a very strange place in the middle of two big apartment buildings. The store itself was tiny but by looking in the windows it did contain some interesting products. Lots of different kinds of soda and other weird items. We were a bit disappointed that it was closed so we decided to go to the American Heritage store. When we reached the American Heritage store it was of course also....................CLOSED! It was really annoying and we were a bit frustrated. We then went to a grocery store and bought food to make tacos. We went to Aladin's house ate tacos and watched a movie. Although the stores were closed we had a blast just hanging out and laughing. 



Things with my work are going really great. I am really happy with my new family. I really feel like I am apart of the family and it makes me so happy. I love the children they are the cutest things ever. The other day I took them to the park and Jurian and I made a cool little house out of sand and sticks. It was very impressive. In between building the house Amélie let me bury her in the sand. She is so photogenic and I love it. I tried really hard to take pictures of Jurian but he wouldn't let me. I did take a picture of the awesome house we build though. :)





There are many days I miss my family and I want to go home but I am so happy I came here. I have had so much fun already. I have made some fantastic friends here and I am looking forward to what the next 7 months have to offer me. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment