Monday, July 2, 2012

Everything is sound

This week has been a pretty hard week for me. Living and working at the same place is not easy especially with Germans. I do love my new family and they are so great. However,  It gets kinda hard when you never hear anything good. It's typically German to not say any positive things but only negative. I would just like a thank you once in a while is all. I babysat the children much more than I normally do this week and had no time but to watch them, clean and go to German class. I have been really missing home lately and missing my Mom and Sara. I don't miss Redding just my friends and family. I am excited however that my mom might be able to come visit me. She will be coming in February if it all works out. I will show her around Munich for a couple days then we will go to Rome for 5 days. WHOO HOO!!!

 It was nice to have Friday finally come around to get some time away. On friday I went to Ikea with Trixi and it was really fun. I love Ikea! I helped her pick out some things for her room and then after her and I went and bought stuff for dinner. I always have so much fun with her. :) Then we watched The Notebook and ate cookies....or shall I say Trixi ate cookies...lol she had like 8 soft baked cookies.

Then on Saturday I went with some good friends to the lake here in Munich. It was so beautiful and reminded me a lot of Whiskey Town. It's so green and the water is a bit cold but once you're in it's really nice. Alexa and Lydia made it our mission to make a pyramid in the water. In the end it didn't work out and I'm sure the people on the shore where thinking we were a bunch of crazy Americans. :) I got really sunburnt but it was well worth it.  Here are some pictures....











Sunday I got to catch up on some sleep and I had a BBQ dinner with my host family. It was a great weekend and I know this week is going to be much better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment